Computer Vision Engineer
Kudan in Bristol, UK
At Kudan, we’re constantly pushing the cutting edge of computer vision technology. To always keep moving forward we evaluate state-of-the-art approaches to machine vision, together with performing groundbreaking research.
We are looking to expand our team with engineers who are passionate about state of the art computer vision to help us continue to produce leading SLAM software for the global market.
You will be jointly responsible for the complete pipeline of visual processing from sensor evaluation and selection, through data processing pipelines, to SLAM evaluation tools. You will be aiding our team by implementing existing research approaches as well as performing research and development of our SLAM software.
You will be working with a team of best-in-class computer vision software engineers to ensure best performance of our SLAM software. Your work will ensure that we deliver the best mass market SLAM system. Ideally you would be interested in having a generalist approach, picking up ad-hoc tasks as well, to make sure your team can do their job.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our SLAM stack and develop ideas for its improvement across all aspects of the algorithms involved
- Implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms for SLAM.
- Ensure code is well tested by creating appropriate unit tests.
- Share ideas within the team and provide an explanation of new algorithms.
Minimum Skill Requirements
- Either a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or significant personal software development experience.
- Experience in working with SLAM technologies or other computer vision concepts.
- Good working knowledge of C++.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in building complex software as part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience with open-source libraries e.g. OpenCV, Eigen, Ceres, or g2o.
- Experience of optimization, numerical linear algebra, probabilistic estimation, and sensor fusion.
- Some experience with embedded software platforms.
- Game engine development experience.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with the top talent in the field.
- Competitive compensation package with 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Internal mentoring and training initiatives.
- Flexible working hours.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Your choice of hardware.
- Weekly company lunches and office snacks.
- Sponsorship for various types of visas.
- Freedom to come up with new ideas and install your own processes.
Please click this “contact us” with the subject “Computer Vision Engineer” and include your relevant experience and background in the message field.