Kudan in Bristol, UK
At Kudan, we’re constantly pushing the cutting edge of computer vision technology. To always keep moving forward we maintain a continuous integration pipeline and a stack of test systems. Our tests range from small scale unit tests for individual modules up to automated full system regression tests for monitoring a number of key performance indicators.
We are looking to expand our team with engineers who are passionate about the full software lifecycle and how to automate it to help us continue to produce leading SLAM software for the global market.
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our SLAM software delivered by the research and development software teams through development of our continuous integration pipeline, and improvements to our automated tests and scripts. You will be aiding the development team by ensuring that the automated build configuration and execution is robust, reliable, and repeatable.
You will be working with a team of best-in-class computer vision software engineers to ensure best performance of our SLAM software. Your work will ensure that we deliver the best mass market SLAM system. Ideally you would be interested in having a generalist approach, picking up ad-hoc tasks as well, to make sure your team can do their job.
- Ensure the quality of our build and testing system.
- Design and enhance the infrastructure to enable engineers to create robust, high quality tests.
- Administration of internal IT infrastructure (network, servers, laptops, and backups).
Minimum Skill Requirements
- Either a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or significant personal software development experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in DevOps.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD; e.g. Jenkins, OpenStack).
- Experience with repeatable machine configuration (e.g. Ansible)
- Experience in system Administration of Linux, Mac and Windows servers.
- Experience with containerisation (e.g. Docker).
- Experience with cloud service providers (e.g. AWS).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience with a C/C++ build tools (e.g. Make and CMake).
- Good working knowledge of Python.
- Experience in building software tools or test automation frameworks.
- Experience in writing automated tests.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience developing toolchains for building or cross-compiling on new platforms.
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with the top talent in the field.
- Competitive compensation package with 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Internal mentoring and training initiatives.
- Flexible working hours.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Your choice of hardware.
- Weekly company lunches and office snacks.
- Freedom to come up with new ideas and install your own processes.
Please click this “contact us” with the subject “DevOps Engineer” and include your relevant experience and background in the message field.