Software Test Engineer
Kudan in Bristol, UK
At Kudan, we’re constantly pushing the cutting edge of computer vision technology. To always keep moving forward we maintain a stack of test systems. Our tests range from small scale unit tests for individual modules up to automated full system regression tests for monitoring a number of key performance indicators.
We are looking to expand our team with engineers who are passionate about state of the art computer vision to help us continue to produce leading SLAM software for the global market.
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our SLAM software delivered by the research and development software teams through robust automated tests and scripts. You will be testing the algorithms for reliability and accuracy for both offline simulation and in on-target environments as appropriate.
You will be working with a team of best-in-class computer vision software engineers to ensure best performance of our SLAM software. Your work will ensure that we deliver the best mass market SLAM system. Ideally you would be interested in having a generalist approach, picking up ad-hoc tasks as well, to make sure your team can do their job.
- Ensure the quality of our system by testing metrics such as runtime and robustness.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our SLAM stack and develop test plans and test cases to cover all aspects of the algorithms involved.
- Design automated test cases in our framework for both simulated and real test sequences.
- Design manual test processes for live hardware.
- Triage test failures and report to relevant engineers.
Minimum Skill Requirements
- Either a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or significant personal software development experience.
- Good working knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in testing software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience in working with SLAM technologies or other computer vision concepts.
- Experience in building software tools or test automation frameworks.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD; e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience with a C/C++ build tools (e.g. Make and CMake).
- Experience in writing automated tests.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience in system Administration of Linux, Mac and Windows servers.
- Experience with cloud service providers (e.g. AWS).
- Experience with containerisation (e.g. Docker).
- A fun, supportive and engaging environment.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies with the top talent in the field.
- Competitive compensation package with 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Internal mentoring and training initiatives.
- Flexible working hours.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Your choice of hardware.
- Weekly company lunches and office snacks.
- Sponsorship for various types of visas.
- Freedom to come up with new ideas and install your own processes.
Please click this “contact us” with the subject “Test Engineer” and include your relevant experience and background in the message field.