Vehicle Mount version
About Kudan Vehicle
Mobile Mapping Dev Kit
Enables you to build your own simple, affordable and high-performing mobile mapping device for various environments including GNSS-denied areas.
The vehicle mobile mapping kit consists of robust and reliable sensors such as a 3D-Lidar, INS, and cameras. These sensors have been handpicked to enable users to capture accurate point clouds at a much more affordable price compared to existing alternatives.
What’s inside the Dev Kit
- 3D-Lidar (multiple options available)
- (Optional) Camera:3 units
- GNSS antenna: 2 units
- Fuse Sync Box & Cables
- Mounting Frame
- Mounting Cover
- Compute: Intel NUC
- Mobile monitor
- Kudan Mapping Toolchain (for data collection)
- Kudan 3D-Lidar SLAM (for point cloud generation)
- Operation System: Ubuntu
Why choose our Dev Kit
We focus on the most fundamental functions and uses to bring the most cost-effective offering to the industry.
- Accurate and robust point clouds generation for many applications with excellent return on investment/price
- Flexible sensor choice by proprietary sensor fusion unit. Point cloud colorization is also supported.
- No need for professional skills.
Simple user interface enables easy and efficient data collection and generation.
- HW can be re-used for autonomous mobility applications. Smooth migration from mapping kit to AD/ADAS kit through a simple software upgrade
Sample set up of the vehicle
mobile mapping dev kit
Sensor Fusion Unit
Point cloud output generated from
handheld and vehicle mapping kit
Urban area (near a station)